- This event has passed.
Cal Poly Construction Management Info Session
August 2 @ 4:55 pm
Info Sessions are designed for a single company to present its company culture and employment opportunities to students, followed by next-day interviews. At this time, Fall quarter’s recruitment events (Info sessions, Meet & Greets, and CM Career Fair) will be virtual to help keep our students, faculty and staff safe and healthy, all fall 2020 events and gatherings — whether on or off campus. When permissible, in-person or in a hybrid method that is in accordance with the university’s event guidelines and prevention coronavirus information will become available. Per the university’s event guidelines, when permissible in-person attendance will be limited to a maximum 10 including students & presenter(s), and face coverings are required. Again, as of 8/18/20, recruitment sessions will be offered virtually.
The CCCE has developed a new registration platform utilizing Eventbrite and will only be accepting online payments and registration through this platform. We are very excited about offering this simple and efficient system for you. To balance the number and variety of participants for our students we are limiting the first round of registration to one Info Session per company.
Due to the popularity of the Recruiting Sessions and the administrative cost of running the program, we do charge for recruiting session and roll out registration by support levels. Members of the Construction Management Advisory Council (CMAC) will have priority selection. You do not need to be a CMAC member to register. Based on your CMAC Membership level, you will receive a promotional code to be used during check out.
Common Recruitment Session Questions
- May I host our Info Session in person on campus? No, not at this time. Per the university’s event guidelines and prevention coronavirus information, to help keep our students, faculty and staff safe and healthy, all fall 2020 events and gatherings — whether on or off campus —should plan to be virtual.
- How many Info Sessions can we reserve? At this time, we ask that you select one Info Session for the academic year.
- Can I send you an email rather than the online form? No, only Info Session requests made via the online form will be seen as valid requests.
- Do I need to pay the $750 registration? Registration fees are included in CMAC Founder, Legacy and Corporate Membership.
- Can I reserve an Info Session and Meet & Greet in the same quarter? No, you will not be eligible to register for a Meet & Greet in the same quarter that you are hosting an Info Session.
- Is a parking pass included with registration? No, due to changes to the university policies, guests must purchase parking passes. Here is a helpful link with information on how to obtain a parking pass. We strongly recommend to Uber or Lyft to campus. If not, please allow 20-30 mins when scheduling for the following alternative options.
- How many students attend an Info Session? On average, 30 students attend an in-person Info Session.
- Do I need to make an additional payment for a second recruitment session registration? Yes, discounts will not be given for a second Info Session or Meet and Greet. If you are a member of CMAC, only one Info Session is included in your benefits.
- How are cancellations handled? Due to the popularity of the Recruiting Sessions and the administrative cost of running the program, we do charge for Info Sessions. If you purchased a recruitment session à la carte a 50% cancellation refund is available if cancellation takes place 60 days before the scheduled date and the space is able to be filled.