- This event has passed.
Build Your Foundation: A Conversation with Women in Construction
April 12 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Are you a woman identifying Engineering or Construction Management student or have friends that identify as one? Women in Construction Operations (WiOPS) Northern California in partnership with Associated General Contractors of California invites students and faculty to Build Your Foundation: A Conversation with Women in Construction on April 12, 2021 from 6:00-7:30 pm PST. The free, virtual event will consist of a panel discussion with women trailblazers in construction, breakout sessions with professionals in the industry, and the opportunity to meet fellow women from other Northern California universities with Construction Management programs.
Build YOUR Foundation is an event bringing together women in Construction Management Programs in Northern California and the industry to strengthen the bond and knowledge we bring to the table.
Education: Learn from a panel diverse in position, experience and years on what they’ve learned as women in the industry. Panelist currently include:
- Melissa Berg, Director of Inclusion, Culture and Engagement at Dome Construction, WiOPS Northern California President
- Dina Kimble, President/CEO at Royal Electric, AGC of California incoming President
- Reneisha Manuel, Project Manager at Swinerton
- Cristina Whitworth, Project Engineer at Level 10 Construction
- Moderated by Marie Patterson, Assistant Professor at Chico State Construction Management
Networking: Meet women from other universities and discuss what you are excited about, and any concerns about entering the industry.
Outreach: Meet with women within your own department and discuss how industry, WiOPS and AGC of CA can continue to support you while in school and help prepare you for your transition into the industry.
Register for the event here.