Events & Programs
The Events and Programs Task Force provides opportunities for alumni to build a strong community that enhances our industry and Cal Poly. This task force performs the following functions:
- Promote, plan, and conduct events and programs the align with the mission and goals of the CMAC, such as awards programs, scholarship recognition events, regional alumni and CMAC membership dinners, student field trips, and others.
- Report to the Board on such actions needed to promote the goals related to CMAC events and programs.
- For committee sustainability and scalability, recruit more SoCal alumni to join the Events and Programs Committee.
- Increase student awareness of CMAC by aligning Senior Project presentations with our Spring CMAC meeting and have the CMAC President give a short address to the students.
- Host an additional event prior to combo with our regional mixers.
- Develop an event where CMAC can support the Cal Poly ASCM competition teams.
- Develop, and beta test, a mentorship program for young alumni.
- Partner on an event with the Carpenters Union.
2020 May CMAC Committee Report – Events and Programs
20201106 CMAC Committee Report – Events & Programs
|Team Co-Leader||Jason Sommers||Cahill Contractors|
|Faculty Representative||Scott Kelting||Cal Poly Construction Management|
|Executive Representative||Rachell Smith||CCCE|
|Jannine Tejeda||PCL Construction|
|Dhakshan “Doc” Potuhera||McCarthy Building Companies, Inc.|
|Jeff Hadley||Hadley General Contractors, Inc.|